Alex’s areas of expertise are in weight management and sports nutrition. His role as a Registered Nutritionist is to support you in implementing effective change in eating habits and eating behaviours. This approach considers the challenges that life that throw at us such as, work / life balance, family and social pressures.
In addition to my private practice in Sheffield I also work part time as a Nutritionist for Everyone Health who run Nottinghamshire’s overweight lifestyle service.
Alex also works with athletes of all shapes and sizes including, GB age group triathletes, national level middle distance runners, elite ironmen and keen amateur road cyclists. Alex is currently working towards achieving his full registration status on the Sports and Exercise Nutrition Register (SENr).
Alex’s varied background includes working as a personal trainer both in London and Vancouver, Canada. This work provided the opportunity to deal with a wide variety of individuals from stroke patients to individuals with disabilities.
Since then Alex has gone on to pursue his love of all things nutrition in both a health and sporting context.
- Registered Public Health Nutritionist RNutr (Association for Nutrition)
- SENr Graduate registrant
- MSc Human Nutrition (Public Health/Sports)
- BSc Sports Science (Hons)
- UKAD Accredited Advisor
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) – Health / Fitness Instructor and Personal Trainer
- Level 2 Food Hygiene For Catering
- REPS Level 4 Personal Trainer (exercise referral , L3, Exercise prescription for long term neurological conditions)
ISSN Sports Nutrition Diploma (completion Dec 2019)
Cambridge Diabetes Education Programme (CDEP)
SCOPE Obesity certification (completion Dec 2019)